Friday, February 4, 2011

Ads


Part One: First Advertisement--This Arby's commercial is obviously advertising Arby's roast beef sandwiches. The 'hidden' but obvious message is a women holding her breasts, which are the sandwiches. I feel like this advertisement would make a man desire an Arby's sandwich just a tad bit more. Under the picture in red it states, "We're about to reveal something you'll really drool over", meaning she might possibly lift her hands... that's the vibe I got from that message. I don't feel like this ad would draw most women into Arby's to drool over a sandwich. Gender roles for sexual ads are mainly exploiting women. Why can't this ad be a man?
Second Advertisement--This ad, in my opinion, is terrible. He is more interested in the car than he is her. He should be genuinely aroused by her but isn't. This act is crude and he is not interested in her looks at all. Yes, BMWs are nice but what this man is doing is very degrading to her and all women. I feel like this ad is saying that buying a red BMW is better than than sex. "The ultimate attraction" would make any girl feel bad about herself.


Part Two: I like this ad a whole lot. It's saying "yeah my thighs may not be stick thin like a supermodel's but they are strong and 'cheered on in marathons'". She is embracing her strength and isn't afraid of being muscular. She thinks it's a good thing, which it is. Not all women are made size 2, and she's proud that she is toned and showing everyone she's looking hot. If I was to create an advertisement to show a strong woman I would use a well-known, well liked celebrity maybe. Someone that most people look up to or admire. It would help the popularity of the advertisement and the celebrity.

7 comments:

  1. @ Annette- I have a question. How in the world are you all able to attatch the blogs on this site. I did the assignment but it only shows up on my blog. Not on here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tariah, on the new post link, above the text box, there are icons to choose from. Next to the ABC button there is a picture of a landscape, I clicked that and it seemed to work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annette- I will try...hopefully this will work because it's starting get on my nerves. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annette- Idk if i signed up for this incorrectly but i'm not seeing any of that. The only new post button I see is on my profile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new post button is in the top right corner (if you are signed in). If you aren't signed in then click the sign in button and it should be right there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm signed in and it's still not there...idk what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your thunder thigh advertisement because most imagines of women their are legs the size of sticks i literally could put my hand around them.

    ReplyDelete