Friday, February 4, 2011

Advertisements


Part Two: This is a perfect example of a woman who is in this advertisement for all of the right reasons. When I look at this picture I see a confident person that wants to relay a healthy message to other women and girls, which is to be strong. Another reason I thought this was a good ad to post is because is shows a woman of another race. It shows her body off in an appropriate way, and this woman is not stick thin like most of the magazine ads you see today.


Words can not describe how inappropriate this add is. The fact that someone would really make an advertisement trying to sell cologne this way is disturbing. This is so disrespectful to women, and it amazes me that society finds this advertising acceptable. Again this woman is white. It makes you wonder what men would think if this woman happened to be latino, african american, etc. It bothers me to think that this ad could be in a magazine that teenagers look at.


Part One: Its obvious what is wrong with this picture. Instead of trying to advertise the "Eyewear" it looks like they are trying to advertise something else pertaining to oral sex. When I found this ad, it made me feel very uncomfortable and mad to think that they would degrade women this way. In my opinion it completely takes the focus off of the sunglasses which is the whole purpose of this advertisement. This is your stereotypical white women, with flawless skin, and perfectly white teeth. It is so sad that so many ads like this one have to refer to sex just to show a pair of sunglass.



2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you on the cologne ad. This ad is very vulgar. Even though the woman in this ad face cannot be seen, it is still down grading to women as a gender. The advertisement should have been banned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed Emily! Such a terrible ad,the eyewear and the cologne. These ads make me feel very uncomfortable, and they should have been banned.

    ReplyDelete